Tuesday, February 14, 2012

God's Plan vs. My Plan


Joyce Meyers wrote on Facebook a few weeks ago, “Get God’s plan before making your own”.  This really hit me up along side of the head, I happened to read it shortly after thinking that God must really be getting a laugh out of me making my plans that day, nothing had gone as I had planned.

Lately God has really been speaking to my heart about plans… His vs. mine.  I am a planner; I have a plan for each day to know what’s the most urgent thing to the least that needs to be dealt with.  But do I get God’s plan before I make my own?  How much different is God’s plan for my day?  He’s been reminding me of all the times I have listened to Him and followed what He tells me, as well as, those times that I haven’t.

Looking back on those days when I listened, I see how things just seemed to fall into place.  It wasn’t me trying to force it to be right, it just was.  Then there are those He reminds me of when I didn’t listen.  He reminds me of how things went wrong, how I was full of stress, frustration and anxiety over the situation.  So why do I let my feelings of anxiety or let myself worry about how to get everything done and not listen to what God is telling me? 

It seems I forget that God has a plan for me.  I get too caught up in what I have going on right that minute to pay attention to what God is saying.  What I’ve noticed is this, when I start my day with reading my Bible the sense of peace I get carries me through the day.  I’ve had my quiet time of reading and reflection.  I have a sense of being able to do all that has been put before me because I know that God will never leave me or forsake me.  And that to do list I created doesn't have so much pull over the direction I am heading in that day.  His plan for me is greater than I can even imagine and I am just a small piece of the puzzle.  I can combat that sense of stress, frustration and anxiety with the Bible verses I am memorizing this week and by having faith that if God is for me who can be in victory against me.

“He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ.”  Philippians 1:6

“Happy is he who has the God of Jacob for his help, whose hope is in the Lord his God.”  Psalm 146:5

  Faith as defined by Max Lucado “is a conviction that He can and a hope that He will.”  Going forward each day I am putting my faith in God’s planning rather than my own, knowing that His plan has my best interests at heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment