Friday, February 17, 2012

Step of Faith

Have you ever felt like you just got thrust into a place you didn’t want to be?  Where you feel that you are in a race that you can’t possibly keep up much less finish what has been placed before you?  In your efforts to try and just get to the finish line of what has been place before you, you find you’ve gotten off track?

It seems that many times over the last few years, as I have grown closer in my relationship with God that I have had many “races” set before me.  Each task He has put before me, I seem to have the same reactions at the beginning.  Lord, I can’t do this on my own!  But He isn’t asking that of me.  He is asking me to do what He has placed before me with faith in Him to get me through it.

One of my favorite Bible verses is:
‎"The Lord your God is with you, 
He is mighty to save.  
He will take great delight in you, 
he will quiet you with his love,
 he will rejoice over you with singing." Zephaniah 3:17

In whatever circumstance I find myself in, God is with me.  He is Mighty to save!  He is stronger than anything else I can think or dream of to get me through my circumstances.  I will delight Him by being thankful for what He has done for me.  I will be comforted with the love that He shows me every day!  When my faith in Him has gotten me through what I could not do on my own, He will rejoice over me.  How amazing is that?  God who is so much more than you can ever imagine loves us so much that He will rejoice over us with singing! 

So when you find yourself veering off course, when you feel like you can’t go any further on your own… don’t!  Ask God to help you, ask Him to do what you can’t.  He’s already there waiting for you to simply ask Him to help you!  A great example in the Bible of this for me is the story of Peter when he walked on water to get to Jesus.  He stepped out in faith but then doubts started to get to him.  He didn’t keep his focus on Jesus being able to do all things including Peter walking on water.  But when Peter cried out for Jesus to save him, Jesus didn’t hesitate; He was right there ready to step in.  

No comments:

Post a Comment